Sunday, December 10, 2017

In the Life


As any mother does, despite having 1 or 10 kids, I lie here thinking of all I didn’t do & wasn’t today. Why do we do that to ourselves? I wasn’t patient, I didn’t check off all my to dos & I didn’t make every meal (honestly we ate out two of the three) & it was a Sunday! My day started out waking up late for church. Rushing to get five little people out the door on time & I missed my very important date with my cup of coffee. We got to church just as everyone was sitting & we crammed our family of seven inbetween two other sets of families at each end of a long pew. I wrestled my 3 year old the entire time as he did typical LOUD toddler things (totally winning because my cardio is complete for the day now). As I sat trying to listen to what message our priest was attempting to get through to us, I had a ground breaking moment. My kids are healthy, happy & well fed. My husband might think I’m insane 99% of the time but he adores me & has for some time. I get to sit in the pew listening to these amazing little people belt out the hymns to some of my favorite songs and I realized... this is truly one of the best times in my life. After five kids you’d think I’d have it together.  But really, do any of us? I’m convinced some of us are better at hiding our flaws. So as I write you all, I’m encouraging you (along with myself) to be kind to you. You might not know it but you’re doing a really great job momma & I’m here to remind you! No one can be you & you were put in to each of your babies lives for a reason. Hold your head up high & give yourself grace & I’ll do the same over here.
With all the love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to be still

”Be still and know I am God.” -Psalms 46:10 Anyone that knows me KNOWS I’m high energy. I don’t stay still for long and I lack patience. ...